Friday, December 3, 2021

IETLS Writing Task 1 GT - Complaint Letter #1

 You bought a TV a week ago but when you got home you discovered it did not work properly. You called customer service to report the problem but you have not yet received any help.

Write a letter to the company and in you letter:

1. Introduce yourself

2. Explain the problem

3. And state what action you would like from the company.


Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter to report the faulty TV that I purchased from your company on Tuesday last week.

My name is Anh Hong, and I am one of you loyal customers. I live in district 8 and have been using your services and buying your products for the last 10 years.

On Tuesday, 12th June, I visited your store to purchase a TV. I bought a Sony LED TV with serial ALFJJALD. On purchasing this TV, I was assured that this was the latest model and the best there was to buy. However, when I got home I discovered that not only did the remote control not work but also the picture quality was not as good as promised, in fact it was quite blurry. I called your customer service hotline immediately on the same day, and they assured me to send a replacement within two days. I am disappointed to say that this has not happened, and I have received no communication since then.

I am truly displeased  with both the product quality as well as the poor service that I have received. I hope the problem will be resolved prompty. I expect to receive a replacement TV or have the current one repaired but only if it could be fixed within one day.

I look forward to hearing back from you immediately. 

Yours faithfully,

Anh Hong

No comments:

Post a Comment