Friday, December 3, 2021

IELTS Writing Task 1 GT - Informal Apology letter #1

 Write a letter to a friend. You have borrowed something from your friend and it got damaged.

1. Apologize for damaging the product.

2. Explain what happened.

3. Say how are you going to fix the issue.


Dear Emily

Sorry it's taken me so long to write to you but at last I put my pen to paper to explain why I haven't returned the MasterChef Cooking book I borrowed from you.

To be honest, I've been feeling so guilty that I delayed writing to you. I have to own up that I damaged the book accidentally. I'm so very sorry. I know how important that book is to you as it was a birthday gift from your late father.

What happened is that I had been reading up on the chapter about cooking chicken when I knocked over my cup of coffee which splashed all over the book. Most of the stain is on the pages that were open at the time.

I've sent the book away to be repaired. I didn't realize that was even possible until I researched it from the Internet. Anyway, it should be as good as new when I get it back next week, and then I'll send it on to you.

Again, I'm so sorry for the delay in telling you. I hope you can forgive me.

Best wishes

Anh 


Hi John,

Sorry it's taken me so long to write to you but at last I put up my pen to paper to explain why I haven't returned the Sony DVD Player that I borrowed from you.

To be honest, I've been feeling so guilty that I delayed writing to you. I have to own up that I damaged the device accidentally. I'm so very sorry. I know how important that player is to you as it was your father's gift.

What happened is that I had been listening my daily disc when I knocked over my cup of coffee which splashed over the device. I tried cleaning all the liquid and dried up the equipment as quickly as I could, but the DVD player was broken eventually.

I've contact the local supplier to purchase any available items, and luckily they are able to ship one to me next week. Once I receive the product, I will send it on to you.

Again, I'm so sorry for the delay in telling you. Hope you can forgive me.

Best wishes

Anh



No comments:

Post a Comment