Friday, December 3, 2021

IELTS Writing Task 1 GT - Formal Apology #1

 Write a letter to your boss apologising for the meeting you missed at work

1. Apologise for missing the meeting.

2. Explain what happened.

3. Say what you will go to compensate.


Dear Mr Donald,

I am writing to apologise for the meeting that I missed on December 1st about upcoming year annual budget plan.

I am sincerely sorry for not being able to attend this meeting. I am aware the importance of the meeting but, unfortunately, my absence was unavoidable.

The reason for not attending this meeting was that I had a car accident on the way to work that day. Although the accident was not serious, I was taken to the local hospital for a check up, and not allowed to leave until I had been given the all clear from a doctor.

I understand how crucial this meeting was and, therefore, I have asked one of my colleagues, Ms Sandra Brown, to review the meeting after work today. We will go over all the budget plan, and also assess the expenditure plans from the related departments. By the end of today, I will be up to speed with all plans.

I hope you will forgive my absence, and be assured of my commitment to this company and its future.

Your sincerely,

Anh Hong

No comments:

Post a Comment