Sunday, October 21, 2018

IELTS Sample letter - Concert ticket

Topic: You bought a ticket to a music concert. However, you are unable to go, so you decide to offer your ticket to a friend.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
- tell your friend the details about the concert
- explain why you are unable to go
- and explain how your friend can receive your ticket.

Dear John,

I hope you're well. I'm just writing to offer you a concert that I won't be able to use.

Do you remember that I told you I was going to a gig this Saturday? There's an up-and-coming singer and guitarist who's playing at the Apollo Theater; I think you'll be blown away by how good he is. The concert starts at 7pm, but there's a support act on first, so you can arrive a bit later if you only want to catch the main performance.

The reason why I'm offering you my ticket is that I've been asked to visit a client in Germany to help with a product launch, and I won't be back until Monday.

If you're free on Saturday morning and you'd like to go, just speak to my brother. He'll be going to the gig, so you won't be alone, and you can arrange to meet beforehand or outside the venue on the night.

I hope you can make it, and that you enjoy the concert.

See you soon
Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment